Injectable Hemostatic Device
XSTAT-12® is a unique hemorrhage control device designed to quickly stop severe bleeding in junctional and extremity wounds of the arms or legs where a tourniquet and other methods are not successful. XSTAT-12® has a narrow, syringe-like applicator that can easily reach the source of bleeding. When injected into the wound, the minisponges expand up to 10x their original size to instantly pack the wound, simplifying the treatment of severe bleeding. XSTAT-12® is currently fielded by the US Military.
A smaller version of the groundbreaking XSTAT 30®, XSTAT 12® is designed to treat life-threatening bleeding from penetrating wounds in junctional areas that may be too narrow to access with the XSTAT 30®. The single-use device consists of a cylindrical applicator body with a frangible tip and a detachable plunger. The applicator body includes a finger flange with snap-fit features to secure multiple devices for low-profile packaging and storage. The XSTAT-12® is CoTCCC Recommended and FDA cleared for civilian use.
Each XSTAT-12® applicator is vacuum sealed, sterile, and comes in single or three packs.
- Single Pack – NSN 6510-01-665-5192
PK Part # 30-311 | MFR Part # FIN-0001-04
- Three Pack – NSN 6510-01-657-4737
PK Part # 30-312 | MFR Part # FIN-0001-02
- Rapidly expanding minisponges stop bleeding using internal pressure
- Fast-acting wound packing in seconds vs. traditional methods
- CoTCCC recommended for compressible (external) hemorrhage not amenable to limb tourniquet use or as an adjunct to tourniquet removal, (Best for deep, narrow-tract junctional and extremity wounds)
- XSTAT® significantly outperformed hemostatic dressings in 2017 study*
*AFSMA RDT&E study “Evaluation of XSTAT and Combat Gauze in a Coagulopathic Model of Lethal Junctional Hemorrhage”, JSOM Volume 17 Edition 3/Fall 2017
- XSTAT® is the only injectable wound treatment that immediately controls hemorrhage from penetrating wounds where other methods fail
- Applies in seconds and stops bleeding immediately without manual compression
- Intuitive applicator is easy to learn and easy to use
The following specifications are based on an XSTAT-12® Three Pack:
- Size: 1.1 inches x 6.89 inches x 1.3 inches (28.2cm x 17.5cm x 3.3cm)
- Weight: 0.29 lbs (130 g)
- Cube Space: 28.1 in.³ (461cm³)